Friday, January 14, 2011

Coconut Green Curry with veggies and noodles

Usually I like to follow a recipe.  This time I took three recipes and made something I wanted my whole family to enjoy.  It was a success, although I will make additional modifications next time.  I will add more spice (stronger curry spice flavor) and experiment with low and fat free coconut milks.  I want to go to a world market to buy my green curry paste.  I am wondering if there are different strengths.

Chop 1 onion and saute with 3-4 T. thai green curry paste. Saute for 3 minutes.

Add 1 can coconut milk and 1 cup vegetable broth.  Bring to boil then reduce to a simmer.

Add vegetables of choice.  I used 1 head of cauliflower, 3 small zuchini, and several carrots.

Simmer until veggies are al dente.  (I added the zuchini after the cauliflower and carrots had a chance to soften.)

Just before serving add 2 t. lime zest, 2 t. lime juice, 2 t. brown sugar, and salt to taste.

Serve over rice or asian noodles.      Top with fresh basil or cilantro and a wedge of lime.  

                       

No comments:

Post a Comment